A blog helps you communicate with clients and prospects. Even if you already use social media, it’s great to have a blog too.
Blogging is about branding, marketing and communications
Blogging is one of the most effective ways of communicating with clients and prospects. It can also enhance brand awareness, and market yourself to a wider audience.Used alongside social media, a blog can improve your reputation and boost traffic to your website. That’s a lot of return for such a small investment of time.
The benefits of blogging
Blogging is different to other forms of online communication. It’s not like social media, emails or website text. If you want to get the most out of your blog, you’ll need to understand its potential benefits.
A blog can:
- help you stay in touch with existing clients
- help new prospects find you and learn about your services
- build you brand – and give it a unique voice
- demonstrate your expertise and professional knowledge
- boost your website’s search engine rankings through regular fresh content
- enlarge your potential market, since good content travels a long way
- provide a solid foundation for your social media presence
- reach prospects who don’t respond to conventional sales and marketing methods.
Even though it offers so many benefits, blogging is essentially free. You don’t need to buy special tools or software. But for the best results you do need to invest your time.
Finding a home for your blog
There are plenty of free blogging services available, such as Squarespace, Blogger and WordPress. But ideally you should incorporate your blog into your own website. That way you’ll gain from the extra traffic it brings. Also, your blog won’t display other people’s advertising, which is how the free services make money.
You should be able to set up your blog quite easily. Many web hosting companies offer blogging tools for free, while others charge a small fee to add them.
Once set up, your blog will become a part of your website, for example: www.yourname.com/blog. Then you’ll be able to add and edit posts directly through a browser.
If you do not have a website click here to see a cost effective way to quickly get your website and blog setup: http://virtualbookkeeperacademy.com/website-packages/